Monday, June 27, 2011

Books for the Mall Set?

Brand new blog, so I get to play with backgrounds!

Summer is here and I'm thrilled to be surrounded by my boys full time again, but not writing or blogging so much.

We are big reading family and have books popping out of every nook, but I do know that lots of other families struggle to keep their kids reading, especially during the summer. Having just visited with some girl relatives who are NOT into reading at age 13, I began to wonder what books are being marketed to them? Seriously, I know about Captain Underpants and Diary of a Wimpy Kid for younger kids, especially boys; and light graphic novels for older ones, but what about these girls? Easy, quick reads that make them laugh? Something about the Mall? Anyone know any books for these girls?

No comments:

Post a Comment